Saturday 6 January 2018

Honesty in Blogging


Recently I have come across some blog posts containing tips on places to go, traveling and other things. The interesting about these posts?! The writer has not actually been there.

I think most of these posts are probably collaborations with brands and companies, but to be honest, I don’t like these kind of posts.

When I’m looking at travel posts, I want to read about the actual experience and honest opinions. Tips from other people can make a place more interesting.
That is actually connected to some influencers, who edit their photo so much, it cannot be real anymore. Like removing all the people around a famous sight and removing other things.

Of course there is also the discussion out there that reviews of products are not honest, because the bloggers get paid for it. That’s similar with book reviews. People think our reviews are not honest, because we know the author. Yes, I admit, it’s difficult to write a negative review, when we know the author, but most of us, know how to write an honest review.

All these facts make it difficult for me to follow someone, whether it’s on youtube, Instagram or reading their blog. I think it’s important to be yourself on the blog and that also means being honest. Of course you don’t have to share everything, things can be private, but the things you talk about should come from your heart and personality.

You can always be honest and state the truth. Most readers like truthful and refreshing posts and content. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, although I've never seen travel posts which were written by bloggers who never been in places they write about!


    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete