Monday 1 January 2018

Goodbye 2017 – Hello 2018


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Another year has passed and so much has happened. I will start with a little bit about my personal life and then change to blogging.

Traveling has been a big part of this year and I have visited some great new places: Tenerife, Lisbon, Colmar etc. I love discovering new places and getting to know the culture. One of my highlights this year was seeing my bestie Maryline getting married, it was magical. I also got to see the lovely Holly Martin at that wedding again. This year I spent a whole week with my second momma Wendy in Dallas, that was fabulous. Friends and family are very important to me and spending time with them is very important to me. I have met new people this year and learned a lot about real friendship.
If you want to read more about this highlight of my year, check out my Highlights of 2016 blog post My 2017 Highlights.

I finished my third year of teaching and am now half way through the forth year, that’s crazy. I’m still very much enjoying my job and I’m still training students from the university of education. I had one of them coming every Wednesday to watch and teach and then he will be teaching three weeks straight after the holidays. It’s a great experience. This Christmas we did a Christmas musical outside with different stations. This was definitely a new experience, a lot of work, but always a lot of fun and very successful. Things changed a school as well, fort he positive. Our professional development finally makes sense and we can learn a lot. We also have more contact with the teachers from the secondary school section, which is great.


I’m still doing my committee work fort he choir. We changed the tasks a bit, so I now deal with the media, the printing and the programme. Singing is a big part of my life and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. The MESSIAH by Handel was amazing, we made a CD and we really sound like a professional choir. I also helped out in another choir for their concert in March. I joined them again now for a concert next year. They are doing The Latin Jazz Mass by martin Völlinger. I have wanted to sing that mass, ever since we song a song out of it. Rehearsals have started and it’s so great. With the choir we are doing Musical Classics next year, as well as the „Chornacht“. An evening/night full of choirs in the old town. It’s kind of based on the idea of a friend and myself, so that’s special. With a little group we started rehearsing a „Les Mis“ medley for that, yay!

In May I met my bestie Maryline in London and we finally went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London!! We also met up with some lovely author and blogger friends, which was wonderful. Thanks Holly Martin and Kim Nash for organising the event.

Last year I only managed to read 90 books, which was a new low for me. I was totally fine with it though, because I was really busy. In 2017 I read 98 books. My YouTube channel is kind of quiet at the moment, I just post my travel vlogs and I want to focus on them. Things I shared in my videos are in my blog posts now and I feel more comfortable like that.

So let’s see what 2018 has in store for me! Definitely lots of books and blogging, but also work, singing and traveling.
I’m going to America again! It’s finally California and I can’t wait!! I also have some other exciting travel plans and will of course share them here.

If you want to read more about my personal and my blogging goals, check this space for a blog post soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment