Saturday 30 December 2017

My Highlights of 2017


I can’t believe it’s the end of the year. It has passed so quickly. This year has been full of exciting moments, some lows as well, but as I said I focus on the good things and I’d like to share them with you guys.

-       In April I travelled to Dallas to see my second mumma Wendy again. She truly is an amazing person, I loved talking to her and chatting about every possible topic, I got to know her family and of course enjoy some shopping and ice hockey, it was just fabulous.
-    Dallas Stars: Wendy took my to see a game and to a Stars practice. It was fab, being so close to the players, especially Tyler Seguin. We also got to meet some of the players after practice, that was so great. 
-       Shortly after coming home from Dallas, I went to Tenerife. It was actually my first time in Spain. Tenerife is beautiful. It has beaches, mountains, lovely cities and impressive nature. I really loved it.
-       In May I travelled to London to enjoy a few days with my bestie Maryline. We were finally able to catch up and talk about her wedding plans. She asked me the year before to be a bridesmaid, so seeing everything come together was fab. We of course enjoyed some shopping, went to see Matilda, went tot he Harry Potter studio tour, met up with other author friends and much more.
-       Seeing Matilda for the second time in London was fabulous and very special. I just adore this musical, it’s one of my faves.
-       I have wanted to go the the Harry Potter studio tour ever since it opened, but I always travelled to London with the wrong people. This time it was different. Maryline is a big Harry Potter fan as well, so I was finally able to go. It was INCREDIBLE!!! Seeing all the sights and sets, the props, the costumes, try butterbeer and so much more. I LOVED IT!!! Can I go back please?!
-       Author/Blogger meet up: While we were in London, we met up with some lovely author and blogger friends, which was fabulous. It’s just great to meet them all in real life and just chat.
-       Singing Messiah by Handel was a very special moment this year. We had our concerts back in June and the were amazing. The atmosphere was unique and it felt so great. We also recorded it and made a CD, we sound like a professional choir, which is just fabulous.
-       In summer I travelled to Lisbon with my mum. We travel to a city every year. Lisbon is beautiful: great architecture, it’s by the river, it’s so lively and much more. We walked a lot during that trip and saw a lot as well. It’s a wonderful city.
-       For my birthday my godmother invited me to Füssen to see Ludwig 2. The area around the Forggensee is breath-taking. We also visited Neuschwanstein Castle. Just WOW!
-       Seeing WICKED for the second time! The UK touring company came to Zurich and since Wicked is one of my faves, I clearly had to go!
-       In December it was finally time for my bestie’s wedding. So I travelled to Belgium for three days and got to be one of Maryline’s bridesmaid. I’m so happy, I was able to be part of her special day. The wedding was beautiful. The other bridesmaid were so lovely and so much fun as well and her family too. The wonderful Holly Martin was there as well, so great to catch up with her too.
-       My team at work: They are fabulous, we get along so well and have so much fun, whatever we do.
-       My class for this school year is great too. It’s so much fun teaching them and seeing them learn new things.
-       Planning this year’s Christmas musical. We changed the concept a little bit, with different stations outside. It was new, challenging and we didn’t know what to expect, but it turned out to be a success.

I could add more here (like my Sushi nights, coffee dates with my girls etc.), but then I’d never stop. There were lots of little highlights as well, just as important as the others of course. I have them all in my heart and I think that’s the essential thing about them. There are also some highlights, I just don’t want to share on here ;).

What were your highlights of 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment