Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wildflower Bay (Part 1) – by Rachael Lucas

Original Cover
My own copy

The blurb:

Isla's got the designer clothes and dream job as head stylist at the most exclusive salon in Edinburgh. The fact that she's been so single-minded in this quest that she's forgotten to have a life has completely passed her by - until disaster strikes.
With her flaky flat mate AWOL and even her reliable old dad a bit distracted, Isla is out of options.
Forced into a corner, she heads to the remote island of Auchenmor to help out her aunt who is in desperate need of an extra pair of hands at her salon.
Finn is thirty-five and reality has just hit him hard. Now his best friends are about to have a baby and everything is changing. When into his life walks Isla . . .

My Opinion:

Wildflower Bay is book one of Rachael’s newest series! When I saw that part one was free on amazon I grabbed it immediately! Before I start talking about the book I just want to say the I think the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

The story follows Isla, how is a top hair stylist with a very sad past. However, when the book starts it goes all upside down for her. Not having that many options, she decides to help her aunt. She faces a new environment, is in a totally different part of the country, has to deal with her dad, but also meets new people and new possibilities open.

This is a short and great start of the book and I was actually sad when I had to leave it. I think I will never be a fan of serialised novels, but oh well… So as you can guess, I’m really excited for parts two and three and I can’t wait to follow Isla’s journey.

I love how Rachael described the setting and the surroundings. Her writing style is so warm and vivid and it took me into the story immediately.

Rating:




My possible cast:

Isla: Nikki Harlow
























Rachael on Twitter: @karamina

1 comment:

  1. The cover is just adorbs <3! This sounds like a such a nice comfy contemporary read! :)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete