Saturday 28 May 2016

New York - Dallas - Chicago


Since I have just visited these three cities I thought I’d do a little comparison of the three. They all have a special place in my heart now, for different reasons.

New York is a fab city, great for sightseeing, musicals, hockey and shopping. Central Park, Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square and more, so many wonderful sights to discover and see. The shopping is incredible, 5th Avenue, Macy’s, Bloomingdale etc., they possibilities are endless. New York is always busy, full of life and lights. To be honest that can get to be a bit much. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute in the city, but it was also nice to get away from the craziness. Getting a taxi in New York is the easiest thing and finding your way in Manhattan is not hard as well.

Dallas is very very different. In Dallas you definitely need a car to get around, so I was lucky I had Wendy. In total I think I saw about five buses and trains. Once you have a car you can get from A to B pretty fast and easy. Downtown Dallas is very pretty, especially at night. When you walk through the streets you don’t see a lot of cars nor people. Everything is way more relaxed. The AAC (hockey stadium) is in the middle of downtown and it’s such a beauty, I have never seen a stadium like that, especially in the middle of a city. Of course the weather is also very different compared tot he other two cities, much warmer, which is just what I like. Shopping in Dallas is fab, especially Northpark Mall, I think it’s my new favourite mall. Uptown Dallas is very cute and then not too far away you have Highland Park (fancy area), so everything is right there. Of course Dallas is also special to me, because of Wendy. She showed me everything and I got to see the city and the area through her eyes.


Last but not least Chicago. I think I have to start with Lake Michigan. The fact that the lake is right there, as part of the city is fab. I think it gives Chicago a special vibe. The architecture is just incredible, I saw so many impressive buildings and seeing them from different perspectives is very special. Chicago has great parks, I think I could spend all day in a park, going for a run, going tot he zoo, sitting by cloud gate and more. Navy Pier is another great place and awesome for summer. I loved being in the middle of the city, yes it’s busy, but not like New York and I really liked that. The shopping is another great thing in Chicago, so many possibilities.

So, that was a little comparison of the three cities. The all three have hockey, so that’s definitely a plus as well ;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment