Saturday 31 October 2015

My Personal ABC


Last week I posted a bookish ABC, so this week I thought I’d share my personal ABC. I have to say some letters were easier than others, let me know, if you give it a try yourself.

***

A – Authors: Book Blogging has opened me up to a lot of authors. It all started because of Paige Toon and her books. The contact on twitter with them is amazing and isn’t it just the best feeling when you get feedback on your review from the author directly?!

B – Books and Blogging:  I had to put both of them yes and Book Blogging itself, doesn’t fit either, that’s a part of me yes, but I’m also a Lifestyle/Music/Travel Blogger. I’m so glad I’ve started it all. I love reviewing books and I’ve meet so many wonderful people through it. Blogging gives me inspiration every day.

C – Coffee: Well, most of you know this already, but I LOVE COFFEE!!! Especially Cappucino and Latte Macchiato and I usually drink 2 coffees a day, sometimes three ;)

D – Dolphin: The dolphin is my favourite animal. They are so cute and I love the way they move in the sea, their sounds and just everything. In Florida I was able to see lots of them! Next step: swimming with dolphins!

E – English: English might not be my mother tongue, but it kind of feels like it. I love using the language and I feel way more comfortable writing things in English. Working at a bilingual school gives me the opportunity to use the language daily and blogging as well of course ;).

F – Florida: Florida is such a beautiful place, it has many hidden gems. It’s always warm, there is  he beach, the sea, shopping, great cities, keys, ice hockey and so much more! Siesta Key really is like a second home for me.

G – Going to the beach: This actually just adds up to the previous one. I’m a summer girl and I love the beach. Swimming in the sea, enjoying the sun and reading on a deckchair, just perfect. Switzerland doesn’t have any beaches, so I always long to go back tot he beach.

H – Harry Potter: Harry Potter and JK Rowling are the reason I started to love reading so much. I just adored these books and this magical world! And I’m still a big fan. There was a time I only read Harry Potter Fanfictions and I even started to write my own.

I – Italy: Italy is a beautiful country with a very romantic language. I’m very proud to be partly Italian, 3/8 actually. I never spoke the language with my Nonna, which I regret, but I was still able to understand everything and then I learned it properly at school. Now I struggle a bit, because my French is better. Italy always means Tuscany to me. We spent so many family holidays in Castiglione della Pescaia, that it became a second home to me.

J – Jeans: I like wearing jeans and I really feel comfortable in them. I mostly wear skinny jeans. Jeans can be combined in several ways and styles, wear a blouse and make it more elegant combined with high heels or wear sneakers and a T-Shirt and your sporty.

K – Kalifornien: This means California in German, I know that’s a bit of cheating, sorry ;). California is on my bucket list, it’s really a state I want to visit: San Francisco, San Diego, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, LA etc. I hope I’ will go there some day.

L – London: Well, that’s a pretty obvious one, I think. I LOVE LONDON, it’s my second home and I really I want live in London for a while some day, that’s the plan anyway. The sightseeing is great, the shopping is awesome and omg the West End! I love musicals, so every time I’m in London a show is a must. Since I started book blogging London has another important meaning as well, some fantastic bookish events are happening there and I wish I could go to more. Now, I’ve attented two and they have been FAB! It’s so great to meet the people I’ve met through blogging in person!

M – Music(als):  Music is a big part of my life. I play the piano since I’m nine years old. I started with ballett lesson at the age of five and continued dancing until the end of high school. Now I still do it, but just for fun. At high school I started being part of a choir and I loved it. We also did a musical, so after high school, I enjoyed a choir and a theatre group. We have performances every year and I really enjoy it. Having the piano also gives me the possibility to play and sing at the same time, I even wrote my own song, it’s a great way of expressing myself.

N – NHL: NHL should stand for my love of ice hockey. No, I don’t play it myself ;) We have a local team in our city and they are pretty good. I enjoy going to the games  and watching them life. Of course the NHL is something bigger and I love the hockey league over there. When I was in Vancouver in 2010 I was able to see the Vancouver Canucks play and now this year I went to see an NHL playoff game in Tampa. Next to the Vancouver Canucks and Tampa Bay Lightning, I also like the Dallas Stars and the Nashville Predators, Chicago is not bad as well. My favourite players are Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn and Roman Josi, let’s just say there are some hot players out there, but they are very talented as well!!

O – One Tree Hill: One Tree Hill is by far my favorite TV series, I love the setting, the actors and the story. This point should also stand form y guilty pleasure of watching TV series though ;) Other series I really like(d) are Charmed, The Hart of Dixie, Smash etc.

P – Primary school:  T for teaching was taken already, so I went for this one. I haven’t been a teacher for long, but I have to say I really enjoy it and it’s the right job for me. It’s great to teach something to the children and then see their light go on. Every day is different and fun! Kids are great to be around and the job is full of great surprises.

Q – Quotes: Q was a bit of a difficult one I have to say. Since I have a quotes section on the blog and love quotes out of books I went for this one. I also really enjoy going through pinterest looking for inspiring and creative quotes. There are quotes for every situation and they give you strength and power.

R – radicchio: Radicchio is a type of salad and I have to say I really like salad, any kind of salad. It actually should also express my love for food and eating. Salad is one of my faves, but I also like Sushi, Spare ribs, Italian food and cookie dough ice cream ;).

S – Style: This word should stand for my love of Fashion, F was already taken. I love fashion. Trying out different outfits, trends and combinations is so much fun and I think it’s also a way of expressing yourself. I always try to be elegant and casual at the same time and sometimes spend hours in front of my cupboard.

T – TravelingTraveling is something amazing. I love discovering new places and surroundings. Traveling also allows us to get to know new people and cultures. The world has so many wonderful spots and it’s worth finding new places.

U – Ursula ;) :  This is a bit of a funny one. We have a comedy group in Switzerland and they do great shows. One of their characters is called Ursula and she’s just so funny. We started joking around at home about her, imitating her and somehow me and my mum ended up calling each other Ursula. So Ursula stands for my mum. We are really close to each other, she is my best friend, I can talk to her about anything and she’s always here form e. We also go on a lot of trips together and have our little ritual of doing a city trip every year.

V – Vancouver: in 2010 I lived in Vancouver for five months. I did my language stay there and completed my English diploma. I also have relatives there. The city is awesome, so many things to see and do! And the nature and places around the city are just fabulous. Vancouver really became a second home form e as well. I hope I can go back there soon.

W – Wimbledon: Wimbledon for me stands for tennis. I really enjoy watching tennis and with our great Swiss players (Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka) it’s even more fun!

X – xanthic: It means yellowish and I really struggled with this one. I didn’t find a word, so I looked at a list and this one smiled at me the most. Yellow form e stands for sunshine and sunflowers, so all joyful things and things that make me happy!

Y – You Tube: YouTube is great! I listen to a lot of music on YouTube and lately I've been watching a lot of vlogs. 

Z – Zug: Zug is home. It’s my home two and also the state(canton) I life in. Zug is a great city. It’s at a lake as well and there are so beautiful places. We also have great possibilities to go shopping. I love spring and summer down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment