Monday 19 October 2015

Blogger Q&A - Jenny D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

















1. Where were you born and where do you call home?

I was born in Ireland and have lived in Bray, Co. Wicklow all my life. My favourite thing about my hometown is living by the sea.

2. How long have you been blogging and why did you start doing it? 

I have been blogging for over two years now. I started my blog in order to have a place to put my book reviews, but also to encourage myself to write more about books and art, two of my favourite things.

3. What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?

One by Sarah Crossan, a YA novel in verse about conjoined twins. It is a very moving book, but also has a very positive message about love and sisterhood.

4. What did you think about the cover?

While it isn’t my favourite Sarah Crossan book, I do like the colour combinations and I think the image of the sisters is quite sweet.

5. If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

1) Was this always going to be a novel in verse?
2) Which poem was the most difficult to write?
3) In bookclub, we noticed the formatting of the poems changes at the end of the book. Was this something you thought of, or was this decision made by the designer?

6. Who is your most favorite character and why?

My favourite character in One was Grace, the protagonist. We really get inside her head through her poems and she is a very memorable character.
My favourite character in general...possibly Meggie from Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.

7. What genre is your favorite and why?

So hard to choose! I have been reading a lot of contemporary YA recently, but I am also a big fan of fantasy and historical fiction.

8. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

Tough question! The Harry Potter books, The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series and...Inkheart. This list could change tomorrow!

9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I would love to meet Cornelia Funke, as Inkheart is one of the most magical and memorable books I have ever read.

10. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I mainly read paperbacks, but hardback editions can be very beautiful. Either way, I love holding a book in my hands and turning the pages. And you can’t beat that lovely bookish smell!

11. Where do you prefer to buy your books?

Bookshops for sure. Some of my favourites are The Gutter Bookshop, Hodges Figgis and Chapters in Dublin and Bridge Street Books in Wicklow.
12. Have you ever read a book more than once?
Yes! I have re-read lots of books.

13. What book are you currently reading?

The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood and The Book of Learning by E.R. Murray.

14. What book are you about to start reading?
I am really looking forward to reading Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, which will be released on October 6th.

15. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of? 

Not quite a rewrite, but The Princess Bride has an unfinished sequel...I would love to know what happened next!

16. Do you have a favorite book cover? 

Chose up to 3 if you like.
I love P.J. Lynch’s cover for When Jessie Came Across the Sea, he is a fantastic illustrator.

17. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?

I would love to go to Paris, there are so many fantastic art galleries to visit!

18. How often do you blog?

At least weekly. My goal is 3 posts a week.

19. What’s your favorite color? Purple.

20. What are 5 items you never leave home without?

 Pen, notebook, phone, book and tissues.

21.Favorite book character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)

Captain Jacob Carstairs from Victoria and the Rogue by Meg Cabot.

22. Sleep in or get up early? Early!

23. Summer or winter? Winter.

24. White wine or red? White.

25. Coffee or tea? (Green) tea.

26. Where can we find you?

My blog: http://thebookstheartandme.wordpress.com
Twitter: @Jenny_books_art

No comments:

Post a Comment