Monday 10 August 2015

Blogger Q&A with Bookaholic Babe


I'm very happy to welcome Bookaholic Babe on Sky's Book Corner today. Get to know her better here...

---

1. Where were you born and where do you call home?

 I was born in South Africa but moved to England when I was five so I call England my home :) 

2. How long have you been blogging and why did you start doing it? 

I’ve been blogging on Bookaholic Babe since January 2013 so for 2 and a half years but I was blogging online before that as part of a fan site called Robert Pattinson UK with a lovely group of ladies who became great friends of mine. 

3. What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?

 Apolonia by Jamie McGuire

4. What did you think about the cover?

 I liked the cover. You can tell from the cover that the book is sci-fi and about our world and people from another world coming to it.

5. If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

1) What was it like to write a sci-fi book when you’re best known for NA romance. 2) What was your inspiration for the book. 3) What advise would you give aspiring authors?

6. What is you most favorite character and why?

 If you mean in that book, I don’t have one. It wasn’t my favourite book. If you mean in general, I think it would be Gus from The Fault in Our Stars, I love that guy! 

7. What genre is your favorite and why?

 New Adult is my favourite. I’m around the age the characters usually are and I love to read about people a similar age to me.

8. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

 1) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green , 2) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, 3) Seven for a Secret by Rumor Haven

9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

 My ultimate author to meet was Samantha Young and I met her in April at The Great British Book Affair. My next to meet author is John Green, he is all kinds of awesome.

10. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

 I prefer ebooks as I travel a lot when I read but every so often I will read a paperback, the last paperback I read was The Book Thief and it seemed like the perfect book to read in a paperback.

11. Where do you prefer to buy your books?

 I buy my books from Amazon as I have a Kindle

12. Have you ever read a book more than once?

 Yes, I have read both The Fault in our Stars and The Night Circus twice. 

13. What book are you currently reading?

 Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

14. What book are you about to start reading?

Moonlight on Nightingale Way by Samantha Young 

15. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

Yes! Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I still haven’t forgiven the ending of that book and series!  

16. Do you have a favorite book cover? Chose up to 3 if you like.

Again, The Night Circus is my favourite cover, I just love the cover! It’s so pretty!  

17. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?

 The kind of holiday I had last year. Somewhere tropical and hot where I can just lie in the sun and read with breaks in the pool :) 

18. How often do you blog?
I blog as I finish reading books, so depending on how much I can fit in with work, it’s every few weeks or once a week. It varies from month to month.

 19. What’s your favorite color?

 Pink

20. What are 5 items you never leave home without?

 My kindle, my phone, iPod, purse and iPad.

21. Favorite book character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)

 Four from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth and Daniel Grant from The Weight of Words series by Georgina Guthrie

22. Sleep in or get up early?

 Get up early.

23. Summer or winter?

 Summer

24. White wine or red?

 Red

25. Coffee or tea?

 Coffee

26. Where can we find you?

My facebook page: I don’t have one 
Twitter: @Bookaholic Babe

1 comment: