Saturday 11 July 2015

Disney Book Tag

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I found this tag on Katie’s blog, here is her post: http://intothebookcase.com/2015/05/11/the-disney-book-tag/
I really enjoyed reading about Katie’s choices and the idea is awesome, so here we are.

The Little Mermaid – a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”



Hannah in Sweet Forgiveness by Lori Nelson Spielman has a good life, but she is not at piece with her past and her mum. She also hasanother job dreams she should finally go after. Her current situation with a boyfriend who refers to her as a friend in public doesn’t make her happy, but she needs to learn to fight for what she wants.

Cinderella – a character who goes through a major transformation



Kylie from Waiting For Prince Harry by Aven Ellis. Only after meeting the love of her life, harrison Flynn, Kylie goes after her dream and is confident to stand up for herself. I’m really proud of her and her changes. Sometimes you only need the right person beside you.

Snow White – a book with an eclectic cast of characters



The Actually Series by Ali McNamara. The characters are great, Scarlett is full of passion and enegry, then there is Sean of course – I just love him. Scarlett has her best friends Oscar and Maddie, who are awesome and her halfbrother Jamie and her parents. It’s a great mix of characters and they are so much fun to read about!!!

Sleeping Beauty – a book that put you to sleep



Fragile Lies by Laura Elliot. I was really torn with this book, the pace was slow, too slow and I couldn’t get into it.

The Lion King – a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood



I’m going to take an obvisous one here, but it’s the first that came to mind: Harry Potter. What he goes through as a child as hard, traumatic and much more. He almost dies and suddenly everybody knows him, when entering the magical world.

Beauty and the Beast – A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful



The Silent Hours by Cesca Major. I wasn’t sure whether it was my cup of tea, because I don’t usually read Historical Fiction and I used to hate wartime stories (I had to read so many of them at school), but this one is beautiful. I loved the blurb and Cesca is a lovely friend, so I gave it a try and I am so glad I did. This book is touching, deep, emotional, shocking and yet so beautiful.

Aladdin – a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse



Hazel Grace in The Fault in Our Stars. Her dream ist o go to Amsterdam to her fave author. Because of her cancer this is difficult, but it happens!

Mulan – a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not



Anna in The Vintage Summer Wedding by Jenny Oliver. I couldn't relate to her, because although she's a dancer, her behavior didn't make sense to me. It felt like a cover up for something. She needs to learn something in this book and only figures out with happiness really means and that it is not connected to only having money. 

Toy Story – a book with characters you wish would come to life



The characters from the Dallas Demos series by Aven Ellis. There are Kylie and Harrison from Waiting For Prince Harry, Nate, Kenley and Lexi from The Definition of Icing and there is more to come. I like all the characters and the hockey world they life in, would love to be part of t 
hat.

Disney Descendants – your favourite villain or morally ambiguous character 



Can I talk about about a character of a book, that hasn’t been published yet!? It will be out this year and it’s part of a series – the Dallas Demons series by Aven Ellis. There will be a TV b**** in this book, I hate her! But she’s so fun to read about!

This tag was so much fun, I struggled with some answers at first, but it’s great and it makes you reflect on the books you’ve read. I can definitely recommend doing it, let me know if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment