Wednesday 15 October 2014

The Story of Us – by Ellen Faith

Original Cover
My own copy
 The blurb:

Alexandra Jones has a pretty peachy life. A gorgeous, stinking rich fiancé, her sleazy boss is retiring which means an imminent promotion in a job she loves, and she gets her best friends Jimmy Choos when she dies, although she would prefer her best friend to stick around as long as possible. Obviously.

But when a blast from the past turns up on her doorstep just as her world turns upside down, she decides to take her best friend, Rosie, up on her offer of a 10 day break in San Francisco. Whilst Rosie works on a fashion shoot and Alexandra becomes well acquainted with the photographer’s brother, it becomes clear that this trip is one that will change their lives forever.

My Opinion:

I’m so happy I finally got to read a book by Ellen, she is so lovely and since I’m part of her book tour for her second novel, I had to read this and I fell in love with Ellen’s writing.

Lexi has it all: She’s pretty, she is engaged and she’s about to get a promotion… But then her world is turned upside down and everything changes. It means goodbye fiancée, goodbye job and goodbye England, off to San Francisco with her best friend Rosie.

I liked Lexi immediately. She’s a funny, strong and great character and I admired her friendship with Rosie.

So in SF she meets Ryan and let me tell you: He’s amazing! Off on a rocky start, these two get to know each other better and I loved following their journey together. It was clear that there was chemistry from the beginning. They also had similar background when it came to past relationships, which made the connection even stronger I think. But let’s not forget, there is also her “ex ex” from so many years ago and he wants her back…

Some things in the story didn’t make sense to me, because I felt that they were not properly connected to the story and at times it didn’t feel real.
I still enjoyed this story very much.

Ellen is a brilliant writer, with so many great ideas and she managed to create a bubbly, funny and vivid story.
I’ve always wanted to go to San Francisco, now even more ;)

The ending was great and sweet. Ellen really knows her way with words. Oh and another think I liked in this story: Some sexy scenes… ;)

Rating:




My possible cast:

Lexi: Maggie Lawson













Ryan: James Roday




























Ellen on Twitter: @EllenFaith16

No comments:

Post a Comment