Thursday 9 October 2014

Q&A with Jennifer Comeaux

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Author Bio:

Jennifer Comeaux is a tax accountant by day, writer by night. There aren't any ice rinks near her home in south Louisiana, but she's a diehard figure skating fan and loves to write stories of romance set in the world of competitive skating. One of her favorite pastimes is traveling to competitions, where she can experience all the glitz and drama that inspire her writing. Jennifer loves to hear from readers! Visit jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com for contact information and to learn more about her books.






Interview

1.   Did you always dream of being a writer? 

     When I was a little girl I dreamed of writing books, but I pushed that dream to the back of my mind for many years as I pursued a career in business. I only recently revived that dream!

2.   Can you tell us more about your novel LIFE ON THE EDGE?

     LIFE ON THE EDGE tells the story of Emily, a pair skater, who falls in love with her coach Sergei. This forbidden relationship causes a number of problems as Emily and her partner Chris try to realize their dream of Olympic gold.

3.   The sequel is called EDGE OF THE PAST. What’s it about?

     EDGE OF THE PAST continues Emily and Sergei’s love story as they confront a huge issue from Sergei’s past. It tests their relationship in ways they never imagined.

4.   FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE is the finale book in the series. What can readers expect from this book? 
     
     FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE brings more obstacles for Emily both on and off the ice as the next Olympic Games approach. This book also follows Emily’s best friend Aubrey’s Olympic pursuit and how she handles an unexpected love interest that comes into her life.

5.   What are you working on right now?
  
     I’m working on the novella sequel to CROSSING THE ICE. It’s my first attempt at writing a novella!

6.   CROSSING THE ICE is your latest project, how was the story born and what’s it about? 

     CROSSING THE ICE is a spin-off novel from the Edge series and can be read as a standalone. The main character, Courtney, was a minor character in the Edge books. She was always one of my favorite characters, so I wanted to tell her story. In CROSSING THE ICE, Courtney dreams of making the Olympic team with her partner Mark, but things get a lot more complicated when she falls for Josh, a rival pair skater who’s also fighting for a spot on the team with his sister Stephanie.

7.   Where and when do you write your stories?

     I have a day job in a completely different industry, so I usually write at night and on the weekends. My favourite spot to write is my big, comfy chair in my living room.

8.   What do you do and enjoy when you’re not writing?

     I love to read and I’m hooked on quite a few TV shows. Probably too many!

9.   Who is your favourite author and why?

     I love Rainbow Rowell’s writing because she creates characters that are so relatable and real.

10.  If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

     To Kill a Mockingbird, Flat-Out Love, and My Life Next Door.

11. How would you describe your style of writing?

     I think my style is direct, and I like to focus on the characters’ emotions.

12.  You enjoy traveling as well. Tell us more about it. 

     I love traveling to skating competitions. They’re always in different cities, so I’ve had the chance to visit some wonderful places that I otherwise wouldn’t have. I haven’t ventured across the ocean yet. I need to get over my fear of flying over the ocean first!

13.  On your website you say that you like photography too. What’s so special about it? 

     I enjoy taking photos at skating events so I can remember the performances, and I love capturing the emotional moments after the performances, too. I also love taking photos when I’m sightseeing so I can have tangible memories of the beautiful places.

14. If you could change something about your life, what would you change? 

     I would love to be able to travel even more!

15.  Imagine one of your books would be turned into a movie. What would be your dream cast? Anna Sophia Robb is my pick for Courtney in CROSSING THE ICE, and Logan Lerman is my ideal choice for Josh. I think they would be so cute together!

16. Coffee or tea? Iced tea
17. Paperback or e-reader? E-reader. I love being able to read in the dark!
18. Mountains or the sea? Sea
19. Summer or winter? Winter
20. Sweet or salty? Sweet. Chocolate is my weakness!

1 comment: