Tuesday 7 October 2014

Blogger Q&A - Ginger Reader 22

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
















Today's Blogger Q&A is with Ginger Reader 22, find her blog here: http://www.GingerReader22.blogspot.com

1. Where were you born and where do you call home?

I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. However ever since I visited Pittsburgh the summer before my 14th birthday I have always considered 'The City of Bridges' my home away from home, it has a very special place in my heart. 

2. How long have you been blogging and why did you start doing it? 

I've been blogging since June 1st 2014. I started because I had a recent 'falling out' with a close friend and usually when something like that happens to me I need a big change in order to move on. I tend to dye my hair or move furniture around. This time I started a blog and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. 

3. What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?

I just finished writing my review of "The 100" in preparation for the sequel I was sent. 

4. What did you think about the cover?

The one I read had the TV show edition cover which was okay I guess. I tend to like the original cover more. 

5. If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

How did you feel about the television adaption? 
Where you surprised when Wells' character was killed in the tv show?
Why 100? Why not 200 or 300? 

6. What is you most favorite character and why?

Wells was by far my favorite character. Even watching the show before I had read the book I instantly fell for him and I was thrilled when I read the book and he had a far greater presence than he did in the show. 

7. What genre is your favorite and why?

Contemporary YA, I like to be able to relate to the characters and their stories. I love fantasy and post apocalyptic as well but I tend to lean towards more realistic settings.  

8. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

This is such a hard question, I was joking with my sister that if I were smart I'd pick "How to survive a shipwreck for dummies" but I think that may be cheating.
I'd probably have to say "Lucas" by Kevin Brooks, "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen and "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" by Carrie Ryan.  

9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I'd love to meet Kevin Brooks, I've read his novel "Lucas" more times than I can count and I'd love to spend even an hour picking his brain.

10. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I prefer hardcover just because I tend to like the cover better. Ebooks are convenient and nice to have but you never have to charge a real book. 

11. Where do you prefer to buy your books?

I usually buy my books from 1 of 3 places. Barnes and Noble, Book Outlet or my local bookstore, Kings English. 

12. Have you ever read a book more than once?

All the time, I always find myself re-reading "Lucas" by Kevin Brooks, "The Last Summer" by Ann Brashares and "Message In A Bottle" by Nicholas Sparks. 

13. What book are you currently reading?

I'm a couple chapters into "The One and Only" by Emily Giffin and I'm also reading "The Winter People" by Rebekah L. Purdy. 

14. What book are you about to start reading?

"The 100 Day 21" by Kass Morgan 

15. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

Allegiant. That is one of the few books that has emotional scarred me. 

16. Do you have a favorite book cover? Chose up to 3 if you like.

I love the covers of "Fallen", "The Dead Tossed Waves" and "To Kill A Mockingbird". 

17. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?

You know the library in Beauty and the Beast? If it had a bathroom and a little mini fridge I would be perfectly happy to spend a week or two there. 

18. How often do you blog?

I write everyday and I post 3-4 times a week, I like to be somewhat ahead to that if something comes up I don't miss a day. 

19. What’s your favorite color?

Purple, but not barney purple, a light almost gray purple. 

20. What are 5 items you never leave home without?

Mascara
Phone 
Wallet 
Mace 
Phone charger 

21.Favorite book character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)

Loki from Amanda Hocking's Switched Trilogy and Jace from The Immortal Instruments. 

22. Sleep in or get up early?

Sleep in, I'm a major night owl so I'm always staying up too late to get up early.

23. Summer or winter?

Summer 

24. White wine or red?

Neither, I hate the taste of wine. 

25. Coffee or tea?

Lemonade :)  

26. Where can we find you?

No comments:

Post a Comment