Wednesday 8 January 2014

The First Last Kiss - by Ali Harris


My own copy
Original Cover

















The blurb:

How do you hold on to a love that is slowly slipping away from you? Can you let go of the past when you know what is in the future? And how do you cope when you know that every kiss is a countdown to goodbye?

This is the story of a love affair, of Ryan and Molly and how they fell in love and were torn apart. The first time Molly kissed Ryan, she knew they’d be together forever. Six years and thousands of kisses later she’s married to the man she loves. But today, when Ryan kisses her, Molly realises how many of them she wasted because the future holds something which neither of them could have ever predicted…

My Opinion:

At first I didn’t like the jumping around in time, it was in 2012 one time, then in 2005 and a chapter later in 1995. After a while I got used to it and I began to actually like it. I love all these little episodes about the different kisses and was so touched, when I found out, this was part of Molly’s blog.

Molly’s and Ryan’s story is touching, emotional and heart-breaking. Only after several chapters we find out, how they first met, how he proposed, when they got together or when they shared their first kiss.
They are perfect for each other. However, it is really sad, because as a reader you know from the beginning, that they are not together anymore in 2012. I sooo badly wanted to know why!!! So I couldn’t put the book down. I had my suspitions, but Ali really found a way to keep me wondering and that made the story so interesting. 

When Molly thinks he is having an affair or something like that, he has shocking news, concerning his health.
They try to make the best of the situation and enjoy their time together.
I just really hoped for Molly to be happy again and get the love she deserves, also without Ryan. It is so hard for her, but she finds a way to write down her thoughts, which I think is really important.
She saved every single kiss and writes about them... I mean what could be more romantic than that and it’s a memory forever.

Will Molly find happiness again? Read it ...

Heart-breakingly sad, magical, romantic, beautiful and full of depth. A kiss can mean so much ...

Rating: 

My possible cast:

Molly: Mandy Moore

















Ryan: Tom Felton
















Casey: Mila Kunis
























Mia: Ashley Simpson
















Ali Harris on Twitter: @AliHarrisWriter


No comments:

Post a Comment