Friday 6 December 2013

Book of the Month - November

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

















The books I read this month:

-       I heart Vegas by Lindsey Kelk 3/5
-       I heart London by Lindsey Kelk 4/5
-       Just for Christmas by Scarlett Bailey 5/5
-       Anybody Out There? – Marian Keyes 4/5
-       The Guest List – Melissa Hill 4.5/5
-       The Brightest Star in the Sky – Marian Keyes 3/5
-       Business Love – Emma Louise

This is a really hard pick, because I really enjoyed reading them all. The I heart series is funny and so addicting anyway. Melissa Hill’s book is great, I can’t wait to read more of her. Here is my winner for this month though:

Just for Christmas – Scarlett Bailey

The bit on the back:

Her best friend's wedding...

When Alex Munro learns that the love of her life is getting married to another girl, all she wants is to be alone - and as far away from Edinburgh as possible.

Moving to a Cornish cottage, which comes complete with the world's scruffiest dog, Alex finds that her new neighbours are determined to involve her in their madcap Christmas festivities.

Then she meets her sexy neighbour Ruan - and somehow Alex doesn't want to be alone this Christmas after all. But having lost one fiancé, Ruan has no intention of letting anyone get close to him again...


My opinion:

When I saw the book fort he first time I was instantly drwan to it’s cover, it’s so beautiful =) Then I read the blurb and knew: I have to read this book.
It's a wonderful novel about Alex, who just went to the other end of England to escape from everything at home. With a broken heart and the lost of trust she starts her new life.
She meets Ruan and as I reader I instantly felt their connection. It actually took them longer to realise it. I couldn’t put the book down, the writing is amazing and emotional. Loved Alex is the main character and could really connect with her. The book is open for controversial topcis, which I think is great.
Definitely worth reading!!! Can’t wait to read more of Scarlett Bailey.

The whole review will follow in next year’s Christmas special....
And the lovely Scarlett Bailey has agreed to do a Q&A with me. I'll be posting it this month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment